Proudly serving the Winston-Salem community, our Methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
An addiction to opioids requires that individuals overcome more than just the physical dependence upon a substance. Because the underlying causes of an individual’s addictive behaviors extend beyond the physical act of abusing a substance or substances, treatment must address these root causes in order for lasting recovery to occur. Individual therapy provides patients with the opportunity to address and process the underlying causes of their addictions in a safe and supportive environment. By working one-on-one with one of our highly qualified counselors, patients are given the opportunity to work through the psychological aspect of their addiction while preparing for an opioid-free future. The following benefits are often experienced by individuals who utilize individual therapy in the treatment of addiction to heroin, morphine, and/or prescription painkillers:
- Identifying past traumatic events that may have contributed to the abuse of opioids in the first place
- Developing new viewpoints in relation to both the apparent as well as potential underlying causes of opioid abuse
- Creating new ways to handle stressful situations or negative feelings in ways that do not include the abuse of substances
- Learning how to appropriately handle hurdles and/or achievements throughout the course of treatment
- Developing new techniques for how to handle future situations in which opioid use may be available and tempting
- Forming personal goals for both present and future
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
Once patients are given the opportunity to understand their own emotions and reasons behind abusing opioids in the first place, the foundation for a substance-free future can be laid. Individual therapy provides the opportunity to openly discuss one’s emotions, experiences, and future with the aid of a counselor who is specifically trained in the field of addiction.
In addition, patients who utilize individual therapy experience the following benefits:
- Increased self-confidence
- Enhanced self-esteem
- A reduction in stress
- An increase in self-awareness
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center sincerely believes that the use of individual therapy provides patients with the opportunity to achieve lasting recovery. By providing comprehensive treatment to our patients, the staff at Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center offers the education, tools, and support required in order for patients to safely overcome an addiction to these powerful substances.